Tuesday 11 October 2011

weekend finds, new hair and nails

Yet another mega busy weekend decoratiang and whizzing around the charity shops and I am pleased to report I finally found a Navy Blazer!!! I have literally been looking for months - on ebay, on the high street as well as the charity shops. So I was v pleased to come across this find on Saturday for £5.95 - its a size 10 and in perfect condition.


Other finds included a book for mum and a few house knick-knacks.

Also over the weekend mum and I had an impromptu *pamper session which resulted in new nails for us both....



we used:

Nail Expert Manicure base coat/top coat from  Superdrug

Nails Inc 'Fashion Fawn' a freebie from InStyle magazine

Miss Sporty Special Touch glitter varnish




Firstly I put on one coat of the base coat, then two coats of Fashion Fawn, followed by two coats of special touch sparkle (all with adequate drying time in between). The effect worked really well over the fawn colour which I hoped it would. I am also keen to try it over a very deep red maybe for this coming weekend..

*P.s. please excuse the 'work weary' hands we've been decorating this weekend - hence the red and knackered skin!

Second part of the pamper session was the haircut.  My hair has been out of any kind of style for a few months now so I had really just been putting it up in bun because of the straw birds nest that was my 'do'. Now, however I have had somewhat of a transformation curtesy of my mum, bless her!  Who would you believe, did this cut for me...





so all in all not a bad weekend, what did you get up to?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment