Friday 5 April 2013

foundation ~ try outs

I'd really not been that keen on the Rimmel 'Wake me up' Foundation since I switched to it from my L'Oreal foundation.  I decided to give it a go after recommendation but have to say it felt very wet and cloggy on my face. It just made me want to wipe it all off once it had been on for only a short time. So off I went in search of an alternative.  I got side-lined with Chanel when I'd actually gone into Debenhams to get Bare Essentials (but after trying to get my shade twice I had to give up).  I bought the Chanel because a friend was buying and I gave in to the hype plus the gorgeous packaging..

What can I say..?  well its ok - I don't find it gives a great deal of coverage which lasts, even when applied with a primer.  I would think its more a final-fix brush over than a 
full-on foundation. The assistant was very helpful and gave me a colour test demo in store (I think i really just got carried away with the Chanel-ness of it all). The colour match was good and leaves my skin feeling soo soft but like I said, the lasting coverage just isn't there for me.  I have been applying with a brush so I will persevere and maybe try with a sponge to see if that makes a difference. We shall see - still one bonus I now have a gorgeous compact mirror case!  Chanel Healthy Glow Sheer Powder in No20 ~ £38.00 

I also tried Bare Essentials (once I trekked to Westfield) which came in a tester with a cute little application brush.  I found this coverage much better and it lasted longer which is the good thing for me. I'm not really a major re-applier so having something that lasts at least until lunchtime is good for me.  I was given a colour test demo in store and the assistant found me a good match, the only thing I have found with this is that its the Matt version.  I think if i do purchase the full product I will find a more luminous/reflecting shade to give a more glowy look. Bare Minerals SPF20 Foundationin R170 ~ £25.00










X



No comments:

Post a Comment