Wednesday 16 November 2011

Makeover x2...

While mum and i were out on Saturday we also nipped into Boots for a wander as they still have 3for2 on all of their cosmetics..  We met a lovely lady called Eva on the Loreal counter whom we both wanted to adopt!

I have used Loreal alot in the past and always used the True Match Foundation.  The only reason I went off it was because what I was using seemed too pink so obviously my skin colour had changed and I needed to buy another shade.  Anyways, while browsing the Loreal counter Eva asked if we would like her to try and find the colour match for us.  She kindly found our colours and both mum and I had full makeovers which we weren't expecting and was a treat for mum as it was her birthday. 

The fact that we could observe was great as it enabled us to see how all the cosmetics should be applied and which brushes to use. Eva used 4 different shades on my eyes in the end, bearing in mind I barely manage one and then liner and mascara.  She did say that using liner all along the eye lid could actually make my eyes look smaller rather then open them up which is what I wanted to achieve.  The foundation was a better match than I had been using and my skin felt so light after, it didnt feel heavy and 'over made up' so all in all great feedback from us for Loreal.

I bought True Match Foundation in Vanille, Colour Appeal Pro trio eyeshadows and the Telescopic Mascara - she also gave us some freebies in our bags to take away.

I was really impressed by her knowledge - she wasn't all about the 'hard sell' and was more than happy to show us the products, explain why she chose them for our needs and recommended other products to try as we get better about using and applying them.

This was also good for mum who has completely different skin tone to me and meant she felt she was getting value for money. She now knows that the colours recommended were the correct ones for her skin which would mean she would use everything she bought on a daily basis and not throw it in her make up box for it to go unused.

Thoroughly recommded!




P.s. I will add in pics of mum when blogger allows me to do so!


No comments:

Post a Comment